Since my last blog post I have started slip casting. Having spent the previous two years hand carving and building, I absolutely love it and how much easier it is! I found it to be a lot more difficult than I was expecting – after two tries I can finally pour the slip out of the mould without leaving a drip line but I’m still yet to master cutting off the excess clay neatly. Next week I hope to use the same mould as a press mould and coil different necks on top. I also want to experiment with cutting into the slip-cast pieces to differentiate them from one another, but after a failed attempt last week I am aware this will be challenging!